Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Today

Later today is the day...

 My brother Parker is donating a kidney to me today.

I can't really believe it. I know I should get some sleep but it's tough to try to go to sleep with all these thoughts and emotions going through my head. 

I had my last dialysis treatment today. Everything went very well and smoothly. The tech that was taking me off the machine at the end said I looked relieved. I know I was/am, but I guess it was just a pretty big step. I just sat back in the chair a little, took a deep breath, and slowly let it out.  It's done. Wow.  I walked around and made sure to talk to everyone on the staff that was there.  Some of them actually got pretty emotional.  I know I'll definitely be going back to visit to see them. This time it will only to be to talk, say hi, and give updates though, not to stay. 

I don't really have anything to say about how I'm feeling about the surgery right now. It's overwhelming. I have no idea what to say to Parker. I guess I'll get to that when I get to it. Today's a huge day. It's not only following everything in the past almost 3 years, but in a way, many things I've dealt with since I was born, whether I remember them or not. I certainly can't describe it in the anxious, excited worrying, and sleep-deprived state I'm in right now.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers today with surgery and in the days and weeks to come with recovery.  Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment